Monday, October 27, 2008
Saturday, October 25, 2008
Friday, October 24, 2008
currently taking a hip-hop dance class
and acting lessons.
My father's nickname for her was "Hollywood"
and boy, does she bring it.
Thursday, October 23, 2008
and was instantly inspired to find another way to give. Unfortunately, my One Day to Give found me two days ago. I was told of a fire that ravished a two-family house in town on Sunday night- leaving two families with children homeless, without anything left. One of the families has four girls - three of whom wear the same sizes as my youngest three and their littlest wears the same size as my niece, Skylar. So I spent Monday afternoon going through our closets and drawers, finding a good mix of school clothes, pajamas, and outerwear to share with those children, picking up a bag of clothes and wipes for the baby (thanks Allison!), and shopping for undies, tights, kids' shampoo and ponyholders. I also filled backpacks (you might have noticed in pictures that we had quite a lot of backpacks) with school supplies and books to read. After dropping it all off, I was overwhelmed by feelings of sadness and inadequacy. Anything I could give felt like nothing in comparison to what these people will need now. I can only hope that others will give what they can and every little bit will bring the family that much closer to being okay. I also hugged my children extra tight that night and gave thanks that, at least for today,
we are okay.
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
First thing this morning, Mackenna and I baked chocolate chocolate chocolate chip cupcakes. Seeing as the first snow of the season is in the forecast for today- it seemed like the perfect day to try this recipe. Topped with buttercream frosting, they are as delicious as they sound!
Friday, October 17, 2008
When I open my eyes and realize...
I actually got to sleep until 7am!
Laying (lying?) in the crook of my husband's arm.
Laughing hysterically with my daughters.
Reading a really good book.
Random acts of kindness.
A brand new box of Crayola crayons.
Six people* I pass this award on to:
*Who never cease to amaze and inspire me
with their creativity and love of life.
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
The article is online HERE.
Saturday, October 11, 2008
And you can too...
- 1 raw egg(in the shell)
- drinking glass
1. Carefully set the egg in the bottom of the glass.
2. Fill the glass with vinegar and let it sit for at least 15 hours.
3. Remove the egg and drop it (we used an empty baking pan).
The egg's shell will feel rubbery and won't break because the acid in the vinegar breaks down the calcium carbonate that makes eggs' shells hard.
Friday, October 10, 2008
- a medium Dunkin' Donuts Vanilla Chai
- a Yankee Candle in Pumpkin Spice
- the crunchy sound of loose leaves blowing by my window
- warm sun and cool breezes
- the bright colors of Fall foliage as far as the eye can see
- little girls cuddling up on the couch at night for extra snuggles
- high school football games
- John's "man pie" (super sized Shepard's Pie meant for sharing with friends and family)
- my birthday
- the New England Patriots games on Sundays
- trick or treating with my girls, husband, sister, sister in law and nieces (oh, the laughs we have!)
- lazy Saturday mornings spent warm & cozy under the covers
- Longer nights = more time for reading!
- a big, baggy sweatshirt and jeans
- long car rides to nowhere
- my sister's apple pie (yum!)
- baking more
- pumpkins, gourds, and bittersweet
- oatmeal, waffles, and pancakes in the mornings
- Thanksgiving (a whole day to spend with my family- eating, drinking, laughing, and being thankful)
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Friday, October 3, 2008
(on their way to the walk)
Thursday, October 2, 2008
and she certainly has something to celebrate.
It's been a tough two months, but she is finally feeling better!
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
and finished up all the laundry.
What a great way to start my favorite month.
How are you spending the first day of October?