- Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Hot chocolate- did you even need to ask ?!??
- Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
He wraps them in nifty paper that is printed with "From Santa" all over it- word is, he gets it online from Current. He even wraps each stocking stuffer- he's hard core. Last year, he topped the gifts with jingles bells- he must have thought that was a cute idea until he tried to put them under the tree without waking any of the girls... I'm betting there won't be any bells on the gifts this year.
- Do you hang mistletoe?
Yes- fake mistletoe (allergies) and in two places.
- What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
- Favorite holiday memory as a child?
Big (HUGE!) Christmas Eve's with lots of family, friends, and seven kinds of fish.
- Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
The girls open 1-4 gifts on Christmas Eve- depending on how early in the day they start asking.
- How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
With ornaments that have been collected over the years. Handmade by the girls, received as gifts or bought as mementos on trips.
- Snow. Love it or dread it?
LOVVEEEE it. Until the day after Valentine's Day- then I'm ready for Spring.
- Can you ice skate?
Yes. I grew up skating on Lake Quinsigamond and the pond at Elm Park. Now, I only let the girls skate at indoor rinks.
- Do you remember your favorite gift?
Remember it? It seems like I got it just last year... oh wait, I did get it just last year.
(My chocolate diamond ring !)
- What is the most important thing about the holidays to you?
Family! And fun! And love! And doing for others!
- What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Italian brownies. A family recipe that I got from my great aunt. As in my mother's aunt. And I'm sure it's even older than that.
- What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Reading The Night Before Christmas under the tree with my girls on Christmas Eve. My sister and I did it every year with my mom, and I do it now with my daughters.
- Which do you prefer: giving or receiving?
Giving! I like getting gifts but nothing makes me happier than giving gifts- especially if they are a surprise.
- What is your favorite Christmas song?
I'm Getting Nuttin' for Christmas has been my favorite since I was a little girl. Same Old Lang Syne (by Dan Fogelberg) is my second favorite and the one about the little boy buying the Christmas shoes for his mom before she goes to heaven has made me cry - every time I hear it- since I was pregnant with my first daughter, 15 years ago.
- Candy Canes. Yum or Yuck?
Pretty, but personally? Yuck.
- What do you want for Christmas?
The new Blackberry Storm and a straightener to call my own.
Right now I have to share one with two daughters- who want to pack and take it on sleepovers.
- Do you own a Santa hat?
How 'bout you?
Chat it up in comments or play along on your blog.