Well, maybe a little.
It all starts with the results
of this quiz I took...
You Are Very Normal
You are normal in practically every way. Yes, you're average.
But average definitely doesn't boring. You just fit in well with the mainstream.
Why You Are Normal:
You prefer fiction to non fiction
You think fishnet stockings are trashy
You prefer a good meal to a good nap
If you had to, you rather live without music and still have laughter
You rather be screwed over than screw someone else over
- I think fishnets are trashy- but never said that's a bad thing.
- I prefer a good meal and then a good nap- but that wasn't an option.
- Typos on these internet quizzes drive me nuts.
- I used think "normal" was boring- just as boring as "cute".
Which leads me to my story...
When I was twenty-five, I was a divorced, single mother of two. A Brownie troop leader by day, a waitress/bartender by night- a girl who was trying to reclaim her lost youth every other weekend, while her ex had the littles. And to hear everyone I met tell it, I was "cute". I dislike that word. Well, when it was being used to describe my feeling-older-by-the-minute 25 year old self, I did. So what did I (a 75% "normal" person) do? Apparently, what the other 25% of people would... I dyed my hair bleach blond and got a very sexy armband tattoo. It worked. For months, I was "hot". I have never gotten as much attention from strangers as I did in those few months that followed. Seriously, having lived both sides- blondes do have more fun. Guys tripped over themselves to hold doors for me at stores, buy me a drink, dance with me (well ask to at least). So why aren't I some used up party queen blogging about her lost panties? I got being a rebel out of my system by finding John. He was the guy I didn't know I was looking for. He did things like use my name when speaking to me, remember the things I had talked about the last time we were in the same company, ask me questions and listen to my answers. Normal things- I just didn't know it yet. It took a long time for me to trust in him, to trust in "normal" (and a lot of bottles of brown dye to finally get my hair back to normal as well)- but in the end, it was well worth it. I have the most extraordinary ordinary life! Thank you John, for being "normal", for believing that I was "normal" too, and for having the patience to give me the time I needed to believe it.