- I have just two tattoos (for now). A standard tribal armband on my right arm and my husband's initials camoflagued in a tribal design that I drew myself.
- John has one on his right shoulder blade- an egyptian cross that means "circle of life".
- No, if my daughters ever want to get a tattoo, I won't care. In fact, I would love it. I love people who are confident enough to express themselves however they choose to.
- Yes, they are all mine. And yes, they are all girls.
- Yes, we are all done. (The question used to be "Are you going to try again for a boy?" The last year or so- as Mackie has gotten older- it's been "So, are you guys all done. You're all set with the girls, huh?" I find it so odd that people actually ask those questions out loud, never mind in front of "the girls". )
- Gianna's red hair comes from my maternal grandmother- and she was thrilled when Gianna was born with it.
- The most common color in my wardrobe used to be black- now it's gray. grey. gray? Although, you will usually find at least one item in it that is lime green(usually in the winter or spring) and one item that is orange(summer). Much to my husband and daughters' dismay.
- No, I am not wearing my gorgeous engagement ring. After I got married, I preferred the look of just my wedding band on my left hand. I still wore it sometimes, until last March, when I realized I had lost it. It could be anywhere, because when I did wear it, I was always taking it off to do things (I have OCD and can't stand the feel of wearing a ring while doing housework or wearing gloves, etc.). We are hoping it turns up when we empty this place out to move.
- I am a dreamer/spender/impulsive buyer/must do everything yesterday type of person. John is a planner/saver/wait and see/we'll get it done eventually type of person. And therein lies our biggest challenge. Because I am also the scream and get it out and over with type of person, while John is the quiet/we'll talk about it when I 've calmed down type of person. My biggest growth as a woman has come from learning to live with someone so different and constructively solve our conflicts. I think while in this type of relationship you run the risk of bringing out the worst in each other; We have definitely learned (and continue to make an effort) to balance and compliment each other's approach to life instead.
- Our favorite colors are:
john- blue or green
gianna- sky blue
mackenna- (gasp) pink!
Feel free to leave your answers in the comments section. In fact, I'd love it if you would. Did I mention that I'm